We can advise on claims for compensation against a wide range of public authorities – for example, the immigration, police, prison, local authorities - where they have abused their powers or breached human rights laws. We ensure our clients receive any financial compensation due to them and that public authorities are held to account when they break the law.
We can assist with the investigation of claims, with complaints processes (where available), with the preparation of evidence and to secure legal aid funding where available.
We can represent people in civil proceedings in the High Court or County Courts, and in complaints processes.
Our current work includes claims for compensation on behalf of:
- people detained at the Manston facility in very poor conditions;
- people otherwise wrongly detained by the Home Office;
- children held in inappropriate asylum support accommodation;
- people who have been assaulted or otherwise ill-treated in the immigration system; and
- individuals who have been unlawfully subject to GPS tagging.