International Surrogacy Seminar in London: How to Plan Ahead
Date posted: 17 September 2018
DATE: 27th September 2018 at 6pm
Venue: Coram Chambers 9-11 Fulwood Place, London WC1V 6HG
Dr Bianca Jackson – Barrister, Coram Chambers. Bianca is the head of the alternatives family practice group in chambers and has particular expertise in surrogacy law and legal parenthood. She is highly knowledgeable about both the case law and the statutory provisions in this complex area of law and has lectured and published articles on the subject for The Family Law Week. She appears regularly in the High Court when representing parents when making an application for a Parental Order.
Amna Khaliq – Family Partner and head of the Surrogacy and Adoption Team who advises clients on surrogacy and co-parenting arrangements.
Michael Hanley – Senior Partner, Wilson Solicitors LLP; immigration specialist at Wilsons Solicitors LLP.
Helen Harper – Barrister, Coram Chambers. Helen is a Barrister specialising in children law with particular expertise in domestic and international adoption.
Richard Westoby – is a proud dad through surrogacy and able to offer a personal perspective.
This Surrogacy & Adoption seminar in London is relevant for intended surrogate parents and intended adoptive parents, Dr Bianca Jackson, Amna Khaliq, Michael Hanley, Helen Harper and Richard Westoby will provide an overview of the steps that intended parents should consider before embarking on a surrogacy arrangement for adoption.
They will speak about:
- Surrogacy – the legal implications when entering into a surrogacy agreement in the UK.
- How to choose an IVF clinic and the choices that are available to you.
- There will also be a discussion of the positive conclusions that have been found through research when undergoing the surrogacy process.
- How to get your UK passport and the immigration process.
- What a Parental Order is, what steps you should take in order to be successful in your application
- Adoption – The process and legal implications.
To enquire about attending this event, please contact us at email@example.com
The event is free to attend but please note that places are subject to availability.