Job Title: Solicitor
Number of positions: 1
Salary: £32,000 – £37,000 depending on experience
Annual Leave: 30 days
Contract: 1-year fixed term contract
Full-time: Monday to Friday
Location: Tottenham N17 and home working options
Here for Good is a charity founded in February 2018, established to assist EEA citizens
and their family members to secure their status in the UK post-Brexit.
Wilson Solicitors LLP is a solicitors firm based in London with a national reputation for its immigration and refugee work.
We are currently looking to recruit a highly motivated and experienced immigration lawyer to join Wilson’s immigration team, working as a Here for Good solicitor. This is an exciting opportunity to play a central role in the ongoing work tackling one of Brexit’s most complex issues. You will be employed by Wilson Solicitors LLP who will receive a not-for-profit grant from Here for Good to fund the position for 12 months. You will work with Here for Good to deliver the service from Wilson Solicitors LLP.
Here for Good’s solicitor will primarily be responsible for assisting with complex EU Settlement Scheme casework for those most in-need. This primarily includes (but is not limited to): homeless people; those living in financial hardship; victims of domestic violence; victims of modern slavery and/or human trafficking; members of the Roma community; and those with physical disabilities and/or mental health issues. The casework will include assisting with applications under the EUSS, as well as with appeals and judicial review action. It will also involve navigating and assisting those in-need through the post-EUSS deadline scenario (i.e. post-30 June 2021).
The new solicitor will work closely with Here for Good’s other lawyers, partners and community contacts, raising awareness of EUSS, attending information events to help EEA citizens and their families, and pursuing avenues for collaboration and strategic litigation.
The solicitor will also be responsible for maintaining and developing close working relationships with charities and local partners that refer cases to Here for Good. Collecting and measuring feedback will also be an integral element of the solicitor’s role.
- Be a qualified solicitor
- Be able to demonstrate an in-depth knowledge and understanding of European free movement law, Appendix EU and the EU Settlement Scheme
- Be committed to Here for Good’s charitable objectives
- Be adept at managing their own complex caseload
- Have in-depth experience of working with clients with complex needs
- Have excellent organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Be adept at working in a team
- Have experience of developing and maintaining relationships with partner organisations
- Have a thorough understanding of the obligations, including ethical obligations, of working as a solicitor
- Ideally have experience in monitoring and evaluation, and keeping a clear and up-to-date record of their work
- Ideally have at least 1 years’ experience of immigration casework, including the making of applications under the EU settlement scheme
- Ideally have experience of appeals and judicial review
Outline Job Description:
- To means-test and triage potential clients
- To provide free and high-quality legal advice to EEA nationals and their families, and assist them to make applications under the EU Settlement Scheme
- To assist Here for Good’s clients with appeals and judicial review action
- To develop and maintain relationships with charities and local organisations who work with people with complex needs
- To measure the impact and outcomes of their work and feedback to Here for Good’s Joint-CEOs and trustee board
- Please complete the application form and equality monitoring form below and return your completed form and equality monitoring form to email@example.com Anticipated start date; January 2021
- We welcome applications from all sections of the community
- Deadline for submissions is 11th October 2020.